Loaded wrong BIOS & embedded updates

Closed
Anonymous User - Feb 9, 2010 at 05:48 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 9, 2010 at 06:01 PM
Hello,
I had accidentally loaded wrong updates of BIOS and embedded controll card and the computer is in blank blue screen but still can log on and everything seems still there. Kids want their PC back..and thought mom can do everything...

It is IBM thinkpad T60 and I am not sure the recovery boot disk in IBM $50 can resolve my problem. Or the recover disk in ebay $10 may do the trick or none of them can do.

I only have the user password and seems BIOS is locked as I can get F11 going to reset it back to factory state.

Thanks all your time to offer any help !
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 9, 2010 at 06:01 PM
I don't understand your BIOS problems. It you actually flashed the incorrect BIOS then the computer would be totally DEAD. Where these Windows or device driver updates that you applied. If you did flash the incorrect BIOS then you will need to obtain a replacement BIOS chip from the manufacturer. Since you can't flash the BIOS if the computer won't boot.