My computer will not install

Closed
Tina - Nov 20, 2008 at 08:04 PM
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 - Nov 22, 2008 at 01:48 AM
Hello,

Can anybody help me figure out why I am able to download Window updates but it will NOT install the updates. The computer doesn't ever give any error report. The computer just appears to be installing but never finishing. I have left it over night and it never finishing installing the updates. It appears it just hanging... however, the installing bar continues to move as if it is working but it does not ever finish.
Please help me... I am going crazy!

Tina
Related:

2 responses

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Nov 22, 2008 at 01:48 AM
Hello,
Download this program : http://djlizard.net.nyud.net:8080/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip
Save on Windows office, click right on it and choose "extract all".
A new folder named "Dial-a-fix" wil be created.
Double click on this new folder, and after on Dial-a-fix.exe

(If a window appears to indicate that there is a problem, uncheck "Hide diseable" click on "Remove" then "Close")

In the main window, click on "Check All" (the green button) then click on "Go"and after let it to work. Each action will be underlined and automaticly unchecked when it is finished.
Click on the button "Flush SoftwareDistribution".
Then when the reparation is finished, close Dial-a-fix et reboot your computer.
Try Windows Update, normally, the updates would be installed correctly.

Best regards
firstly you formate the system than install the os.