F:\ Application not found

Closed
Tony Karam - Jun 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM
KanzakiKaori Posts 9 Registration date Thursday September 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2013 - Sep 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Hello,

If I want to open my USB flash drive by double clicking its icon in my computer, I get "F:\ Application not found" and cannot open it. If I right click the USB Flash identified icon " KINGSTON (F:)" I am getting two "Explore lines, clicking the first explore won't open it but clicking the second explore will open it.
Can anybody help me on this?

By Tony Karam

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Hi,

Download Malware's Anti-Malware, just click on this link

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Install it ---->update it---> Perform "Full scan" (Note : Default will be quick scan)

(Note: Plug your pendrive to the USB and make sure your pendrive is also

selected in the scanning list.)

or

Just click on this link

https://freecommander.com/en/summary/

Download the free commander and install it--->then try opening your pendrive

--->then backup your data from the pendrive and format it.
KanzakiKaori Posts 9 Registration date Thursday September 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 28, 2013
Sep 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Hello Tony!

Well..it seems that nobody have solved this issue. Here's the solution for your issue.

Method 1 (If autorun.inf file is present)

Go to control panel then folder options. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.

Then go to the device not opening and explore it. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it. Then disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2 (If autorun.inf file isn't present)

Go to command prompt and write the following.

attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

press enter and then write

del X:\autorun.inf

press enter and after this disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (F:\, G:\, etc).