Bad FTA reception

Solved/Closed
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 - Nov 4, 2010 at 08:45 AM
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 - Nov 4, 2010 at 07:24 PM
Hello, \

I have recently purchased an FTA receiver (MRX-1000 Universal Digital
FTA receiver) and satellite dish (50 ? dish) off eBay. However, as is the case sometimes when you purchase off eBay, after setting
everything up, I am getting little to no reception and little to no service from the seller. In fact, the seller no longer seemed to exist!
I guess his account went into default
After some troubleshooting and researched I learned that the
receiver and dish were no properly matched to allow for maximum transmission or, in other words, the transfer of the maximum
possible power from the receiver to the dish.

Thanks in advance hope I get it fixed

2 responses

You will have to boost it up to 120 ohms, because of the MRX input. The easy way to do this (for someone who can troubleshoot electronics) is to connect a transformer of equal rating to the satellite dish (in your case, 50 ohms), between the physical output and the satellite input. This will decrease the filter voltage and improve signal.
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 1
Nov 4, 2010 at 07:24 PM
ok thanks John I managed to fix it as you explained aboveand I got it to work problem solved thank you :)