Dell Dimensions not recognizing new 320 HD

Closed
Jim - Jan 29, 2012 at 03:45 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jan 29, 2012 at 07:07 PM
Hello, I recently installed a brand new 320g Hard drive, but my pc is saying I still only have a 50g HD in it and now it's telling me my disk space is low and a few of my applications will not update because of the PC not seeing that there is plenty of space! I was told I need to flash my Bios to get the PC to see the new drive But I have no Idea how to do that! Can someone help me please! Thank You , James

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 29, 2012 at 07:07 PM
Hi. Please do not flash your BIOS.

"A BIOS flash will probably leave you motherboard inoperative and the only way to recover is to replace the BIOS chip with a new correctly programmed BIOS. I recommend BIOS flashing only to fix a known problem or when the MB manufacturer recommends it."

I was told this on this very site.

Check under disk management. If there is nothing there, I would try reinstalling windows after formatting the drive.