Computer turns on , but does not working

Closed
Crisrhey112' - May 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM
 infinityelectronix - May 21, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Hello there ,
My Pc got a problem since last week , my computer turns on but nothing happens. I conduct many test to check if my motherboard is working , so i pulled out my 2 rams and i hear a continous beep sound so it means that my motherboard is working fine. The problem for me is my memory ram , last week they are working fine but now it is not working , i tried to use eraser to erase static energy in my 2 rams but didn't work , i tried resetting the cmos through battery and jumper but didn't help , so how am i going to fix my problem if i conduct many test but still my computer is not working , am i going to buy a new memory ram or is there any solution to fix my problem ? any test that may result to success ?

Here's my computer spec

Motherboard : Acer Aspire m300
Video Card : Nvidia geforce 9500 gt
Processor : Amd athlon (64) 3200+
Memory ram : 2 kingston 1 gb ddr2
Hardrive : 60 gb HD

Please Reply ASAP !

Thanks in advance :)

1 response

infinityelectronix
May 21, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Try a utility like MemTest86 or Windows Memory Test. You can find .iso images of these utilities on the internet and burn a boot disk. Test one stick at a time and then both sticks together. Also run some sort of HDD test utility and test the HDD for any bad sectors. Other than that, I would have to say get at least 1 stick of known good RAM (make absolutely sure it is the type, speed, and voltage that your laptop uses) and try using it to boot your computer up.