Laptop with broken screen monitor plugged in but not working

Closed
ivanbandino Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2013 - Jul 7, 2013 at 07:04 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 7, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Hello, I have a Samsung E300 Laptop running windows 8 and it has a broken screen.
I have been using an external monitor (vga) and it was working fine...My problem is that i attempted to reset my computer settings as offered in the win.8 control panel, the computer shut off half way into the process. Now when the Laptop starts up all i can see is a bright white backround behind the damaged craked screen. I am unable to see anything on the Laptop screen and the monitor is not showing any picture, it goes to sleep...........Please Help me and tell me what i can do to save my Laptop, I haven't had it for very long and I am hoping and praying that it is not ruined..I am using a p.c. with windows xp temporarely so maybe if necessary i can download something to help...Please let me know,
I appreciate any response!!! Thank you
Sincerely,
Ivan B.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 7, 2013 at 05:47 PM
As you found some Windows updates need the default (built-in) screen to function. It would appear that your only option is to have the broken screen replaced.

Good Luck