The exact keys that you must press to create the @ (At) symbol vary depending on your operating system (Windows or Mac), the configuration language of your keyboard and whether or not your laptop has a numeric keypad. We have the solutions for each of these cases below.
How to get the @ symbol on a Windows laptop?
On a laptop with a numeric keypad, press Ctrl + Alt + 2, or Alt + 64.
On an English keyboard for the United States, press Shift + 2.
On an English keyboard for the UK, use Shift + `.
On a Spanish keyboard for Latin America, press Alt Gr + Q.
On an international Spanish keyboard, press Alt Gr + 2.
On an Italian keyboard, press Alt Gr + Q.
On a French keyboard, press Alt Gr + à.
How to get the @ symbol on a Mac?
On an English keyboard, press Shift + 2.
On a Spanish-language keyboard, press Alt + 2:
- How to type @ on keyboard
- Can't type on keyboard > Guide
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7 > Guide
- How do I type the @ on a British keyboard? [solved] > Forum - Windows
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch > Guide
- Keyboard wont type any letter twice [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows