VirtualBox is a program that enables users to install two different operating systems on a single computer. This way, they can take advantage of specific software for each platform.
What are the key features of VirtualBox?
- Virtual PC creation: VirtualBox is able to process the creation of as many virtual computers as you want by installing different operating systems. For example, you can use Windows and Mac on one computer at the same time.
- Components: As real operating systems, they will also own virtual devices such as RAM, hard disk, USB ports and even a sound card.
- Remote access: VirtualBox by Oracle offers the possibility to remote-control a PC thanks to the help of HTTP protocol. This option is necessary when the user is away and has to connect to their computer.
- Open source: What distinguishes this program from others is that it is open source. It gives editors the opportunity to modify source codes in order to extend its features or to add plug-ins.
- Software installation: VirtualBox is a practical tool. It gives users the ability to install it and take advantage of various software and applications without damaging its materials and the main operating system.
How to use VirtualBox?
First of all, you need to download the VirtualBox program by clicking on the green Download button. Then, install VirtualBox and enable CPU virtualization features. When it’s done, you can create a virtual machine, a virtual hard disk, and start using two operating systems at the same time. Check a step-by-step guide in the official User Manual. You can also find useful information about VirtualBox extension pack and VirtualBox guest additions.
Is VirtualBox free?
The program is completely free of charge.