Help : Copy Paste to end of list without formatting

Closed
Markmm - Sep 20, 2017 at 05:43 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 22, 2017 at 07:16 PM
Hello everyone :)

I'm new to Macros in Excel so I really need some help.

Basically I have a list of equipment and I want to be able to create buttons near each item in the list. When you press on the button I want that item to be sent to a list of items that have been chosen! So I've thought about using a macro that copy pastes an item to a column and each time you add an item it copies to the list in the next empty row of the column. Here's my code I found on internet :

Sub CopyToD()

Range("E13").copy Range("Q" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

End Sub

1. my first problem is that I'm unable to start the list from a specific Row. So instead of starting my list from Row 1 of column Q I would like it to start from row 13.
2. I'm unable to paste without formatting. I would like it to copy paste only text. I know you supposed to add '.value' to the range but it doesn't seem to work..

Do you think you can help me?

Thanks,

Mark

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 20, 2017 at 04:40 PM
OK, so you are clicking a button to start the function, right?

take a look here, and see if any of this helps out:
https://ccm.net/faq/53497-how-to-manipulate-data-in-excel-using-vba

Hey ac3mark,

Thanks for your response :)

Well, I'm trying to understand it all. I managed to copy paste value only :) But now the problem is that I don't know how to make it copy to a specific range.

So basically, i've got a list of items with a button a button near each item that starts the function. When someone click on the button of one of the items i want that item to appear in combined cells that are basically used to have list of chosen items.

Is it possible to copy paste to combined cells and that each time and item is copied the text appears under all the other items?

Sub PasteSpecial_Examples()

Range("E13").copy
Range("Q14:Q" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Thanks,

Mark
Blocked Profile
Sep 22, 2017 at 07:16 PM
With a paste, If you are going to specify what you are pasting into, then you need to be certain you are cutting the same size, just to be clean. So if you are cutting one cell (Range("E13")). then you need to specify the same size range to paste it into (1 cell).