HP laptop won't recognise MP3 player after restoring to factory.

Closed
HannahOwen Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2017 - Dec 29, 2017 at 10:28 AM
HannahOwen Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2017 - Dec 30, 2017 at 04:24 AM
Hey, I'm new here so sorry if this has been answered before.

A few months ago I bought a cheap little Bush MP3 player. Had zero problems getting it to connect to my laptop and transferring music to it. Then I had some problems with my laptop and had to restore it to factory settings after backing up all my stuff (I think the backed up files are in the D drive or something and wonder if the laptop doesn't have enough drives for the MP3 now). Ever since I did the restore, I have not been able to figure out how to get my laptop to recognise my MP3 player at all. It's so frustrating!

Can anybody give me some tips or advice on how I can solve this issue?

Hope this made sense? If you need more information, I will be happy to tell you anything you need to know.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Try going to the BUSH website and see if they have drivers. If you reset the PC, it is possible the drivers need to be re-installed!
HannahOwen Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2017
Dec 30, 2017 at 04:24 AM
I did a search and could not find any Bush drivers at all. The MP3 player used to be in the F drive I think but that drive is no longer available. Don't know if that's maybe the problem.

I could not find the MP3 in the Device Manager. It still charges, so it's definitely not the cable.