HDD suddenly not recognized by bios

Registration date
Wednesday January 24, 2018
Last seen
January 24, 2018
-
Hello,

So Today I was playing a game then I copied some files from my C driver to another HDD and then I played the game again then I pressed "Esc" and pressed "Quit Game", this game was installed on C Drive and suddenly my pc monitor is all red with no texts at all and keyboard has frozen so I pressed the power button in my cpu to restart to see that I got a black screen after bios logo says that there is no operation system click any key to continue it was a loop because my windows 10 was installed on the drive that disappeared from bios, I entered Bios and noticed that there is only 2 HDD of my 3 HDD I tried to restart several times but still nothing only 2 HDD in Bios boot options, I tried unplugging the two of my HDD and my CD Rom and left the one that has windows on it connected, then I booted up again to see in bios that there is no HDD's showing now at all even the one I left plugged, I tried to remove and put cmos battery after 10 min but still nothing appeared, then I removed the HDD from the PC to see if there is clicking noise coming from it or if it's spinning, I connected it from outside of the cpu, When I power the pc on the hard spin normally with no clicking but with "zz" sound every 15 sec I've been hearing this noise for quite a while and the pc was running normally, I suppose it's the inner fan?, that's it the hard drive was running normally for 2 years now and I had the software "Hard drive sentinel" installed in my windows and all of my HDD's are healthy with no problems, what can I do next? can I recover the data back or the drive it self? it can not be that in a second a healthy hard drive just failed out of nowhere. I

My Motherboard Model is: Gigabyte b85-hd3
HDD model: WD10EZEX 1TB

See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
December 15, 2018
Thank you
It appears your hard disk has failed and needs to be replaced. the zzz.. sound was probably periodic error recovery as the hard disk has no internal fan.

Good Luck
Respond to xpcman