VBA: Determine Conditions for Copy/Paste Process

Closed
PlutoQX - Sep 13, 2018 at 09:54 AM
 PlutoQX - Sep 17, 2018 at 03:23 AM
Hi guys,

first time poster here :) I would need some help defining my copy/paste process. The situation is as follows:

- I need to search for specific keywords in a sheet of wb1 and copy/paste it to wb2 under certain conditions.

- I dont know the specific sheet or the position of the keywords, so every sheet in the wb should be checked

- In case a keyword is found - condition 1 or condition 2 will be applied, depending on the keyword:

Condition 1: if keyword in wb1 = "mx1" then copy/paste keyword to wb2 (specific position -> Sheet2, K7) and rename it to "Male". Result would be: "Male" in K7 of Sheet2 in wb2.

Condition 2: if keyword in wb1 = "Data 1" then copy the value(integer) of the adjoining cell to the right of it and paste to wb2 (specific position -> Sheet3, K3). Result would be: "189" in K7 of Sheet3 in wb2.

- Actually, my goal is to have a set of keywords, which have condition 1 or condition 2 assigned, as well as a specific paste-location in wb2. So, every sheet should be checked according to the set of keywords.

- A keyword can only have one of the conditions assigned.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/8VCNsrC

Would appreciate any help!
Related:

1 response

anyone?
any ideas?