Can not delete folder even though it IS empty

Closed
jack63ss Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 10, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2019 - Feb 10, 2019 at 10:42 AM
jack63ss Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 10, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2019 - Feb 10, 2019 at 11:05 AM
Hello, I am trying to delete a user created folder. I archived all the mail in it and if I click on the folder in the sidebar it says "Your "xxx" folder is empty", but if I try to delete it from the sidebar it I get the message that "Only empty folders can be deleted". Is there some concept of hidden or phantom mail ?

System Configuration: Windows 10 / Firefox 65.0
Related:

2 responses

jack63ss Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 10, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2019 2
Feb 10, 2019 at 11:05 AM
SO I HAVE THE ANSWER. If you have an issue deleting a folder after deleting or archiving all the mail, just wait a few minutes and try again.

After deleting the 2nd folder above from Yahoo I went to Thunderbird and looked at the corresponding folder. It still had mail in it. So I waited a minute or two and it all of a sudden disappeared, which totally makes sense if you think about how TB works. And I think something similar happened with Yahoo Mail when I archived my first folder. The folder got archived on the mail server, but the change didn't propagate back to the browser for a little while, so the mail client didn't know it was empty yet. Makes sense.
jack63ss Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 10, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2019 2
Feb 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM
WELL NOW ... so now I am very confused. First, the folder I tried to delete all of a sudden disappeared, just after I had deleted the corresponding folder from Thunderbird. So I went back to Yahoo Mail and tried to delete a different folder. Same steps, archived it, deleted it, and it worked fine. So my question is answered, maybe you have to just wait a while or maybe you have to delete the folder in any other mail tool you use. Either way, it is gone.