In this article, we will show several possible ways to unlock your Anvi Folder Locker if you have forgotten the password.
The Anvi Folder Locker (also known as Anvi Folder Lock) was a form of folder locking software created by Anvisoft. This type of software is designed to be foolproof and unbreakable. They are made so that no unwanted party should be able to gain access to it. One of the key features is removing any backdoor ways to enter the folder.
Note: The methods in this article are based on anecdotal evidence from our forum section. As Anvisoft is no longer operational, we cannot fully verify its effectiveness.
Is Anvisoft still active?
It appears that Anvisoft is no longer operating (their website has been closed, and their Facebook account has not been updated since mid-2016). This is problematic because the best way of regaining access to a locked folder would be by contacting Anvisoft support and asking for a reset key.
How to unlock Anvi Folder Locker without password?
One of the apparent most successful methods for accessing a locked Anvi Folder Locker is by using Windows Safe Mode to bypass the restrictions.
- Firstly, open Windows in Safe Mode. (See this article on How to Start Windows in Safe Mode).
- Once in Safe Mode, go to the folder that you want to open, it should be open.
- Copy and transfer the files into another folder without a lock.
- Exit Safe Mode.
- Now you should be able to access the files that were previously locked.
How to unlock Anvi Folder Locker with the serial number?
If you have forgotten your Anvi Folder Locker master password, then it may be possible to use the Serial Number that you used to register as a master key. This feature will only work if you have kept the Master Key option enabled in the Password Security settings.
- Open Anvi Folder Lock, and select "Lock Folders"
- Enter your serial number in the password column, and then click "OK" to unlock it.
- If this works, then you should be able to open your locked folder and files.
Is there an Anvi Folder Locker reset key?
Whilst there may once have been a Reset Key, with the lack of support from the Anvisoft after it's shut down, it does not appear that a Reset Key exists.
Can I pay to unlock Anvi Folder Locker file?
When the Anvisoft website was operational they offered a service for $10 where they would unlock your file. A number of users on our forum have stated that despite paying the fee their folder remained locked. Now that the website is shut, there is no designated unlocking service for Anvi Folder Locker. Be careful if someone offers to unlock your file for a fee.
Is Anvisoft safe?
As Anvisoft appears to no longer be an operational company it is recommended that you avoid using Anvisoft products, such as Anvi Folder Locker. This software has not been updated since 2015 and wasn't updated for Windows 10. Whilst the software may function as intended, there are more recent products that function better, for example, Folder Lock by NewSoftwares.
Why it may not be possible to unlock a locked file?
Locking software in general has been developed to give the most comprehensive and robust defense against any threat of data theft. One of the key defense features is removing backdoor access to this type of protection, which includes keeping a list of passwords and master passwords. If someone was able to gain access to all of the master passwords and passwords, then the privacy of everyone who used the software would be compromised.
Unfortunately, if you have forgotten your password, and if you have not been able to use the Master Key in the Password Security settings, then you will not be able to use the software's features. This includes and is not limited to: locking files, uninstalling the application, modifying security settings. And as the creator of Anvi Folder Locker is no longer operational, you cannot even contact them directly for help.
To avoid this situation from reoccurring, make sure that you keep a note of your passwords. You could use a tool, like Dashlane Password Manager to keep all of your passwords safe, or simply keep your passwords in a designated paper journal.
- Anvi folder locker reset key
- Anvisoft reset key
- Forgot Folder Lock password [solved] > Forum - System software
- How to factory reset Dell laptop: without password, BIOS > Guide
- Samsung reset code: keypad, factory settings, number > Guide
- Factory reset HP laptop: from boot, Windows 10, Windows 7 > Guide
- Reset a Nokia phone: to factory settings, without code > Guide
- Notepad++ xml plugin: download, install, manual install
- Recover folder structure: using Recuva, from formatted drive
- How to change MAC address virtual machine VirtualBox
- Intex webcam driver: for Windows 10
- Enable drag and drop in VirtualBox: Mac, Ubuntu
- Change VirtualBox boot: from hard drive, from USB DVD drive
- How to move VirtualBox VM: to another computer, drive
- How to disable internet access in VirtualBox
- GOM player file loop: video, audio
- How to read and create BIN and CUE files
- Advanced SystemCare change language settings
- Matlab concatenate vectors: vertically, horizontally
- Push-to-talk feature in TeamSpeak: enable, not working
- How to change the playback speed on GOM Player
- How to uninstall Deep Freeze: cloud agent, Windows 10
- TeamViewer remote cursor not working: Windows 10
- How to disable Adobe Acrobat update notifications?
- How to add WinMerge options to the Windows context menu?
- How to add files from removable drives to AIMP?
- Top 3D software for home design
- Convert HEIC to JPG: on Windows, Mac, online
- Recover lost or deleted files with Recuva
- How to install Virtual DJ: Windows, MacOS
- How to change language settings on PDF XChange Viewer
- How to open .pub Files: WIndows, macOS, Linux
- Best free tax software in 2022
- Management software: for small business, workflow, teams
- Alternatives to Microsoft Project: free, open source, Mac, PC