You can enrich the features of Google Chrome via add-ons and extensions. Upon installation, these extensions are placed in a specific folder on your hard drive. In this article you will learn how to find the location of Google Chrome extensions in Mac, Windows and Linux.
How to find Chrome extensions?
On Mac, Chrome extensions are stored in: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions
On Windows, press the Windows key + E on your keyboard to open the Windows Explorer. Then, click View > Options.
Check the box next to Show hidden files, folders, or drives, and uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files. Click OK.
You will find the extensions files in C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions.
In Linux, Chrome extensions are store in the filesystem, in the extensions folder, which can be found in Chrome's user data directory.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Find chrome extensions
- How to find extensions in chrome
- How to find chrome extensions
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension > Guide
- Ecosia > Download
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free > Guide
- How to download Facebook videos > Guide
- Chrome extension keeps coming back [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game?
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to see incognito history: Android, Mac, Windows
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- Disable touch events: Chrome
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome
- How to enable Google Chrome power saving mode
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- How to make your Google Chrome page background a GIF?
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- Update Google Chrome browser Android or iPhone
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
- The best Chrome extensions of 2022: security, productivity
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- The best flags to customise Google Chrome in 2022
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to turn off Chrome notifications
- How to reopen closed tabs in Chrome
- Enable private browsing in Google Chrome: in incognito, PC
- How to block ads on Google Chrome?