You can enrich the features of Google Chrome via add-ons and extensions. Upon installation, these extensions are placed in a specific folder on your hard drive. In this article you will learn how to find the location of Google Chrome extensions in Mac, Windows and Linux.
How to find Chrome extensions?
On Mac, Chrome extensions are stored in: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions
On Windows, press the Windows key + E on your keyboard to open the Windows Explorer. Then, click View > Options.
Check the box next to Show hidden files, folders, or drives, and uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files. Click OK.
You will find the extensions files in C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions.
In Linux, Chrome extensions are store in the filesystem, in the extensions folder, which can be found in Chrome's user data directory.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Where are chrome extensions stored
- Chrome extension keeps coming back [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Disable Image Files from Displaying in Chrome
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension > Guide
- Orbit Downloader - Browser integration
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How To Enable WebGL on Google Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension