What is better: installing VPN software or using VPN servers online?

Registration date
Thursday June 6, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 8, 2019
- - Latest reply: ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 18, 2019
- Jun 8, 2019 at 03:33 PM
Hello, I've just can't decide what is more useful: to install VPN program on my laptop or just search for a VPN server online? I haven't used virtual networks never before.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 74.0.3729.169
See more 

1 reply

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 18, 2019
Thank you
Ok, well a VPN is a privaye connection to another network, so with that being said it will require a client, and a server. Your VPN provider will provide you the client, amd a list of servers you can connect to, creating a TUNNEL through the internet to the server you have connected to. Then whereever that server is, it will provide the rest of the connection to what ever it is you are doing in the tunnel! So with that being said, your only choice is what provider, not how are you going ro deploy it!!! you only have one option for deployment, unless you have a POP in your final destination!!!!

Papemeno
Registration date
Thursday June 6, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 8, 2019
-
Thanks a lot, your advice was really of great help! Could you recommend a revutable VPN or something like that?
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 18, 2019
1061 -
No, I cant do that. What I can say, is make certain what ever provider you have, has a fail over in case of VPN fail. Some providers do not do this, and will expose your ip when the vpn fails, and will not disconnect the connectiin.
Respond to ac3mark