Mobile apps suddenly disappearing for no apparent reason

Closed
Babu7 - Nov 20, 2019 at 06:28 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 13, 2019 at 06:28 AM
Hello, I use a Samsung Duos SM B-313E Java phone.

It has all the basic apps like Facebook, Twitter etc. except Whatsapp.

I have installed e-book software like Foliant and Albite Reader on a Memory Card and also uploaded some text and epub files on the Memory Card. I can read the books alright.

I have also installed a basic offline compass (no GPS) which is simple to use.

I also watch 3gp videos on it.

I insert the Memory card into the laptop in order to copy and paste files on to it (epub, text or 3gp videos).

Sometimes, all of a sudden, after removing the Memory card, I find that the Opera Browser, Foliant as well as the compass has been deleted. The Saved Pages folder is there but it does not work.

I then have to redownload all these, a very tedious job.

What could be the reason for these apps suddenly disappearing?

Please let me know so that I can prevent this problem from happening.

In case that happens again, is there is an easy way to recover the lost data?

Please let me know.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 78.0.3904.108
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 13, 2019 at 06:28 AM
Hello there,

This is the best answer I was able to find.

1. Restart
  • If you haven’t tried to restart the device yet, give that a try. Press and hold the “Power” button, then select “Restart“. In many cases, the Home screen will refresh and the icon(s) will return.

2. Reset the Home Screen Launcher
  • This step will reset your home screen completely and is only recommended if disappearing icons is a continuous problem.
  • Go to “Settings” > “Apps & notifications” > “App info“.
  • Select the app that handles the launcher. The app we are looking for will differ depending on the device. Looks for something related to or contains the words “Home” or “Launcher” (Example: Nova Launcher). If you have a Samsung device, it may be called “TouchWiz“.
  • Select “Storage“. then choose “Clear data“
  • Icons Disappear from App Launcher

1. Restart

If you haven’t tried to restart the device yet, give that a try. Press and hold the “Power” button, then select “Restart“. In many cases, the Home screen will refresh and the icon(s) will return.

2. Ensure App is Not Disabled

Under “Settings” > “Apps & notifications” > “App info“. Choose the app that goes missing, and ensure the app is not disabled.

3. Ensure the Launcher Does Not Have the App Hidden

Your device may have a launcher that can set apps to be hidden. Usually, you bring up the app launcher, then select “Menu” ( or ). From there, you might be able to unhide apps. The options will vary depending on your device or launcher app.

Good luck!
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net