Error 800ccc0e

Closed
MoFilker - Jul 1, 2020 at 04:17 PM
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 - Jul 2, 2020 at 09:27 PM
Periodically (like, after an update or just not logging on for a while), Outlook loses the ability to connect to yahoo.com for email. This is after it has worked for weeks. One computer suffered a Windows update and (again) lost resolution capability on the aux monitor. After reverting to the previous windows 10 version, the monitor was OK but Outlook can no longer connect. The other system is an iMac running a BootCamp windows 10, and after having been gone for a number of weeks, it seems to also have lost the ability to talk to yahoo. The error 800ccc0E is the only response from Microsoft. I'm thinking there's a third party app password thing that has to happen, but I don't recall all the machinations I had to go through to get it working last time. I have every confidence that even if I get it working again, I'll need to repair it eventually, so a procedure which actually references existing icons or links (rather than the usual Microsoft references that don't actually exist) would be helpful

2 responses

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Updated on Jul 2, 2020 at 03:02 AM
You can follow the tips and try to fix it yourself other than uninstalling the problematic update:

1. Reboot multiple times, it fixes some issues itself.
2. Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.
3. If you’ve System Restore points created before the issue started, you can try restoring the machine.
4. Try booting into Safe Mode, see if display works fine then.
5. If display works fine in Safe Mode, update your display drivers to latest version.
6. If point 4 & 5 didn’t helped you, see if you can rollback the display driver to older version and see if solves the issue.
7. Open Settings app. Go to System > Display and make sure Scale and layout and Resolution are set to Recommended settings.
8. Open Device Manager by running devmgmt.msc command. Expand Display adapters and right click on it, select Uninstall. Click OK on confirmation prompt. Then click Action > Scan for hardware changes and let the OS detect the driver.

If the system displaying the IMAP error 800ccc0e it means the IMAP folders have not successfully synchronized properly therefore, it blocks you from send and receive the new emails from your account.
Ah, maybe this will go through...OK, I fixed the monitor problem as I did the last time, by rolling back the update. However, the connection failure from outlook to yahoo, exhibiting that 0x800CCC0E error, I have not been able to fix. That's the problem I'm needing help with. No, this is not an answer. This is SUPPOSED to be a reply to the answer. sigh...
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Jul 2, 2020 at 09:27 PM
Thank you for the update, please kindly check out the methods in the post https://windowsreport.com/fix-error-0x800ccc0e/.