Cabling

Closed
jj - Jul 14, 2009 at 01:42 PM
robbinbobbinbaby Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2009 - Jul 15, 2009 at 04:36 PM
Hello,
i want to ask two questions first, how do we connect three pc's with a single ethernet cable. I know that it is possible but i don't the way to do it.

And my second ques. is that how and from where do we find out that our network card can support how many categories of ethernet cables like it can support CAT 5, CAT 6 or higher.
I really thanku to the guy who provide me the solution.
Thanks

2 responses

Install 2 network interface cards in one PC, give one interface a fixed ip address for example 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0; then bridge the second interface with the first using the network connections menus of windows. (LAN traffic is routed between the interfaces). Then prepare the other two pc's network interface cards using 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 respectively and the subnet mask identical to that of the first pc. Prepare or have TWO crossover cables made up with a suitable length. The hardware book website shows exactly how the pin-outs should be arranged. Still, network switches are cheap and a better alternative and if you ask around somebody may even give you one for a small fee. Then you may also wish to study the 'route' command in windows to facilitate LAN traffic of ip packets. Whatever it is you are trying to accomplish, all the best.
robbinbobbinbaby Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2009
Jul 15, 2009 at 04:36 PM
this helps me too!
jude