Krysie

Closed
krysie82 - Jul 24, 2009 at 05:43 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Jul 24, 2009 at 07:37 AM
Hello,

OK, i dont know if someone can help me, but i sure hope so. Ok, so i had this printer (hp psc 1510) installed successfully on my desktop. I ended up getting a new laptop with vista so I knew that the old installation disk for the printer would be no good. So straight away i went to the hp website and downloaded the software and drivers for vista. So i installed it, and at first it would time out when the installation was 96% complete of step 4/4. Then i have tried uninstalling it and putting it back on but i can never get the printer icon to show up in my list. I also have a Hp diagnostic tool but whenever i go to run it, it says that i dont have any printers to diagnose. Then strangely enough, When i go to re-install the software, it says that software was already installed and so i want to uninstall it, or add another device..So i am fresh out of options and if someone could give me any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it...Ps...currently there is no ink cartridges in the printer...could that be a problem?

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 24, 2009 at 07:37 AM
hi there,

may be that the driver you downloaded was corrupted,

it would be better if you could download it again using a download manager t

hen uninstall the previous driver and try to install the newly downloaded one.

Thanks