I have my backed files now what

Closed
tully - Aug 21, 2009 at 03:08 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 23, 2009 at 05:28 PM
Hello,
my vista op was corrupted. I back up my files using HP recovery to an external HD. I set my comp back to original settings I have the backedup files and used the adding the o method to see them. but I can't find anything worth while on them. I open outlook and it opens cause i reinstalled the program. but all the e mail contacts and folders i created are no where to be found also with my itunes i haven't reinstalled it but i don't see anything reprenting my library. it seems like it has just the basic programs backed up. although when i saved it the numbers matched in other words i have saved about 200gb of things and it seems like i have 200gb of things backed up but i can only get the basic programs none of the files in them. does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. please help i have email addresses i can't get back and pictures and saved e mails and documents and alot of things I'm hoping to recover. it seemed like it was going to work out fine but i'm lost
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 23, 2009 at 05:28 PM
ok, from what i'm reading here the hp recovery program option you used only backs up system relevant files like the o/s and hardware drivers etc. for a factory reinstall.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&product=18703&dlc=en&docname=c00809678