Game crashing

Closed
Mel - Aug 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Aug 30, 2009 at 05:12 AM
I had a GForce 5500 that would always crash when I played the sims 3; my monitor would turn off but my cpu would still be running. Duh - thats not good for your computer and obviously my video card needed to be updated so I borrowed an ati radeon x800 and installed it. The graphics and game looked better and ran so much faster but after about 30 minutes of playing the game crashed; now every time I load the game it crashes. I cant even play for more than 10 minutes, my computer meets the system requirements... maybe its just the game... I also deleted the sims 2 from my computer, theres no possible way that the sims 3 needs that game to run (or can it)...i just cant think of what the hell it could be cept the fact the game is buggy and sucks DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Aug 30, 2009 at 05:12 AM
hi there,

Verify Your Game Cache Files

Please see the Verifying GCF Cache Files topic for instructions to ensure game cache file corruption is not the source of the crash.

Do Not Use Two Sound Devices Simultaneously

Routers and Firewalls Can Also Cause Crashes

force the Game Settings Back to the "Factory Defaults

Update Windows ,Update DirectX, Update Your Drivers, Update Your Motherboard's BIOS and Drivers

Thanks