Creat a back up disc

Closed
"Z" - Aug 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 30, 2009 at 01:50 PM
Hello,
i bought an ACER Aspire netbook. I particularly chose this for it's size, so i could put it in any bag or purse, whenever i go. It keeps on asking me to "create a back-up recovery disc, and that it is very very important that i do this.

I follow the instructions, but then asks me to prepare 8 discs and 2 dvds. And then on the options, it futher informs me that they could not locate a CD drive....

Well, duh! That's the reason i bought this netbook for the convenience of it's size. I am not about to buy an optional cd player so that i could produce a back-up disc!

There must be a another way of doing this, or another way of stopping the constant nagging for me to create a freakin' back up disc!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 30, 2009 at 01:50 PM
If you get a virus you will need that backup. Even $2,000 laptops do not come with backup disks these days. Find a friend with a USB external drive or pay a computer shop to make those disks for you.

Good Luck