Is this bloke taking me for a fool?

Closed
candycane211199 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2008 - Jul 24, 2008 at 10:04 AM
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Jul 24, 2008 at 10:21 AM
Hello,

Hello,

Can someone plz help me! 6weeks ago my laptop just broke. It was coming on but then not starting up, but the blue light(power switch) was staying on. Anyway got this bloke out of my local paper to take a look at it. He said he tried everything wiv it but he would need to take it to another guy.A month later he bought it back today saying it was fixed.It needed a new motherboard and it wud be 100quid.When he switched it on today it wudnt cum on,then it did come on after him taking the batt out.After putting in my password there wasen't no desktop picture on. The screen was black wiv just the bin icon on it.I said to him are my pictures and music on there? When he went into start menu there was no icons for my pictures or music.So he clicked on my documents and it said no files!!!.i have been in tears all afternoon as this has all my photos on of my two kids from when they were born.Yes silly me didnt back them up! Anyway he was trying to find out wot was up and then it turned itself off again! So he has took again to take it back to the bloke. I havent payed him yet but he has no fixed no fee. Do u think he is messing me around?Were do u think my photos and music is? He said if u change the motherboard this shudn't affect this as they are stored on the hardrive and he said noone can change,photos,music and desktop unless they have ur password. I don't know much about this type of thing so I really need sum help plz guys. I dont want to be ripped off. Oh one last thing when u go to start menu and then go to all programs nothing shows how can that be???!!

Thanks

Lx
Related:

1 response

zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Jul 24, 2008 at 10:21 AM
hi candycane211199,
maybe but he tried his best dear,i think that u had only to scan your pc by yourself and see if it solve ur problem,,,,,but it is not cool for u to loose all ur pics of ur kids,,,,im sad for u dear,,,see ya and next time try this forum before taking actions,,,,bybye