Video Card Help

Closed
cant play sims! =( - Sep 18, 2009 at 09:15 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Hello,

well i was playing sims 2 just fine until recently when my laptop crashed. i wanted to play sims after the incident but it kept on saying that i didnt have a compatible graphic adapter. after some research i found out that my graphics adapter (VGA Standard Graphics Adapter) status said that it wasnt working properly. i went back to see the adapter's status a bit later and it said that i had reinstall the whole thing. ive gone to google and searched "VGA Standard Graphics Adapter downloads" and the website opens and everything but then when i click the download it goes to another website that says i have to download Microsoft Windows Update. so i try that and it ends up telling me that i need to be logged on to my administrator when it is already logged onto it. This is really frustrating, i love playing sims 2 but this is stopping me. please help me!

Im hoping that you could possibly:
give me a website that can download the adapter with out having to pass through Mircosoft
if you have my type of adapter, send it to me directly
give me EXACT instructions on what else i can do

i also have a few questions:
can i really download the adapter, or to i have actually install it manually to my laptop?
is VGA Standard Graphics Adapter actually the name of myy adapter or is it more precise?
do you think that i need to go to a computer technician or something and get a completely new adapter?

Thanks,

cant play sims! =(
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM
VGA Standard Graphics Adapter is the software that Windows uses when it can't find the driver that was made for your Video chip. You need to go the web site of the laptop manufacturer and download the correct video driver. You then need to install it and restart your laptop. You should have better performance and a better image on the screen afterwords.

Good Luck