Photoshop Closes When I Try To Open Files

Closed
Dylan - Sep 30, 2009 at 09:54 PM
 Dylan - Oct 1, 2009 at 08:20 PM
Hello,

I'm working with Photoshop CS3, have had no problems with it for a good year. Unfortunately, after cleaning out my computer I can no longer open files, or create new ones in Photoshop. I'm running the program on a Mac, OSX 10.4.11.

Here's a brief description of what's going on:

-Open Photoshop
-File > Open

-or-

-Open Photoshop
-File > Open Recent

-or-

-Open Photoshop
-File > New

At this point, photoshop closes and gives me an error message, saying that it shut down unexpectedly, sorry for the inconvenience. This is the screen I'm sure all of us have seen once or twice, with the option to send a report to Apple.

Basically, I can't use the program until I get this problem fixed. After a bit of searching, I'm tossing in the towel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2009 at 03:05 AM
Dear Dylan,

Since you had uninstalled the software before, there might be a possibility that there are some missing files in order to

open particular files. Please uninstall it once more and install it properly.

You will hence be able to open your files.

Thanks in advance.
dybbody,

I appreciate your response. I wish the solution was that easy. Unfortunately I don't have the option to re-install the program. Me and a few college roommates decided to pitch together some money and buy the program to use between the three of us. As you can probably guess, I'm out of college and haven't seen them for over a year.

Is there a specific file dedicated to opening and creating new files in photoshop? If so, perhaps I could find it online or misplaced in my hard drive.

Dylan