Ig stories from close friends to public

-
 Darren -
Hello, I have in my archive an old story that was originally setted on "close friends".
Now I'd like to put this story in my story highlights, but in a public way, for everyone, without the restriction of "close friends"....
Is this possible?
Thanks!!

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 87.0.4280.101

2 replies

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
April 2, 2021
Hello, from the Instagram Help Centre.
  • Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
  • Tap (three lines)
  • Tap Archive.
  • Tap the story you want to share.
  • Tap Share at the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap Your Story or choose the people you want to share it with, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish sharing your story.

As indicated in the last step, you should be able to choose who you want to share with. Even if it was previously just a post for close friends.

Regards
Thanks David! You have been very clear, and This could help in several cases :))

But I need to avoid to share the story in a new story...instead I need to share it directly from archive to highlights, and I need that the "mentions" with "@" could be still clickable....
In this way I was thinking about a function that, from the archive, could simply "unable" the green "close friends" label.... Or any other tip, if exists, is really welcome!
Thanks again David!
> Darren
Hey! Did you find out the way to do it? Actually I’m facing the same problem!
> Arman
please @ me when you find the solution
Hey!! I was wondering if you’d found a way to do this ?? I want to turn my close friends highlights to be public without all the stress of having to post it all on my story. Thank you!!
No folks, sadly I don't.... I think that is actually impossible
Maybe is possible to suggest his improving function?.... ????
Nope.....sadly it seems that ig doesn't offer this function....

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!