Ig stories from close friends to public

-
 Mishii -
Hello, I have in my archive an old story that was originally setted on "close friends".
Now I'd like to put this story in my story highlights, but in a public way, for everyone, without the restriction of "close friends"....
Is this possible?
Thanks!!

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 87.0.4280.101
Related:

7 replies

Here is what you can do, if you want to make a highlight without people seeing it in your story, for example post events from 1 year ago into your highlight. At least thats where I was trying to go with this.
Go to Settings/Privacy/Story/“Hide Story from” and select all your followers. Then post the things into your story, add the to highlights, remove them from the story and undo the “Hide Story from”.
Thats the only way I found to do this. I hope it helps some of you!
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

If I do this and hide my story from everyone and then add to highlights, once I “unhide” my story will they still be able to see the highlight even tho I posted it while they were all “hidden” from my story? Or will nobody be able to see my highlighted story?
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
October 7, 2021
Hello, from the Instagram Help Centre.
  • Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
  • Tap (three lines)
  • Tap Archive.
  • Tap the story you want to share.
  • Tap Share at the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap Your Story or choose the people you want to share it with, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish sharing your story.

As indicated in the last step, you should be able to choose who you want to share with. Even if it was previously just a post for close friends.

Regards
It’s not letting me share
I need this, too! From “Close Friends” to public. I just wanted to post and save stuff as HIGHLIGHTS but not share it as story for public.
So I decided to create a close friend list where I just added my other IG account lol. Posted stories, saved it in highlights. But now I want that Highlight folder in my profile to be visible to everyone.

I hope IG have the option to just enable/disable Close Friends list.
THIS DOESN’T WORK. I tried it. The stories from archive, even re-shared, will still be NOT visible to public. :(
Registration date
Tuesday September 28, 2021
Status
Last seen
September 28, 2021

This doesn’t work and you’re missing the point!! I want to have an archived story that before was only shared w close friends but now (much time later) I would like to show it in my album view so that it’s public. Please add this feature or explain how this can be done ..(without having to touch ‘close friends’ list). Understand that this an archived story that I now want to share publicly. Thanks.
Registration date
Wednesday November 10, 2021
Status
Last seen
November 10, 2021

Thanks for helping.
I need this, too! From “Close Friends” to public. I just wanted to post and save stuff as HIGHLIGHTS but not share it as story for public.
So I decided to create a close friend list where I just added my other IG account lol. Posted stories, saved it in highlights. But now I want that Highlight folder in my profile to be visible to everyone.

I hope IG have the option to just enable/disable Close Friends list.
Hey!! I was wondering if you’d found a way to do this ?? I want to turn my close friends highlights to be public without all the stress of having to post it all on my story. Thank you!!
hey! i’ve been wondering the same thing! lemme know if u figure it out
> paigevanny
Sadly not.....but we are growing as a number, with the same question :)))

Maybe someone knows how to ask to IG to introduce this function?....
Cheers
> Darren
Is it possible now
> Scarecrow
Then how to do lol we are all waiting
Been sending GENERAL FEEDBACK to Instagram regarding this matter. How they offer option where we can enable/disable close friends list.
Hey guys ! Did you tried the solution above where you

1 "Hide story from all your followers one by one"

2 Add standard story

3 - Add stories to your highlight

4 Delete your current story

5 Unblock everyone from seeing your story

If I put a story in Instagram in close friend how can I convert it in to public
My stories now disappears from archive which was set to close friends ; after 24 hours close friend stories vanished away ????