Matshita DVD Ram Uj880as Driver

Solved/Closed
namu - Oct 3, 2009 at 04:54 AM
 dripoil - Nov 30, 2011 at 01:09 AM
Hello guys,
well...i got this issue with my DVD RAM, which is Matshita DVD Ram Uj880as Driver. it suddenly stopped working by prompting Code 19 error and following message:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

in device manager the DVD displays a yellow sign.
i have been trying to hunt it down from last two days.
in addition I would like to mention, it is Toshiba A300 with Vista-32bit as my OS.

IT guys help me out.
Related:

2 responses

Skeeter.Gz@msn.com
Mar 20, 2010 at 03:22 PM
I found the resolution to the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ-850s ATA Device Drivers.
This is different than altering your registry, and it works via Microsoft.
Please follow directions carefully or either the Read or the Write won't work.
In order for this to work - (YOU WILL NEED A BLANK DVD AND A FULL DVD WITH SOME KIND OF PROGRAM ON IT)
https://support.microsoft.com/fixit#tab2

Click (or copy and paste) the link above to begin the process. Click on the first option Your CD/DVD drive cannot read or write media in Windows Vista. Click on the big "RUN NOW" button to the right, then select "Continue" when your computer asks your permission. Then Select Detect problems and apply the fixes for me (Recommended). It gives you two options "Read a CD/DVD and Write a CD/DVD" you will need to run both options separately once for each issue you're having with your hardware. You will see your device listed, click on your device. It will ask you for a disc. For the Read part of it, you need to insert a DVD Disc with something on it such as a program, of any kind. Insert the disc and click on your device. NOTE: If you forget to insert a full DVD Disc your DVD Device door will pop out, then you will be forced to insert a DVD disc with a program on it. The program will continue and configure your DVD device.
After it completes return back to the first page where it says "RUN NOW". Click on "RUN NOW' again and follow the same steps. When you see the screen with the two options "Read a CD/DVD and Write a CD/DVD" and "Write a CD/DVD", this time select "Write a CD/DVD" option. NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU INSERT A BLANK DVD IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. The program is configuring the write portion and it needs to be able to write on the blank DVD in order to complete the process. Then follow the rest of the steps and complete the process.
THAT'S IT !!!
Congratulations, you can now use 100% of you DVD device and there is no risk with altering the registry.
Sincerely Email Id removed for security
StackOverflow
Jun 24, 2010 at 08:56 PM
Thats a great Solution and it works for many other things as well. Great post. Thanks This solved my drivers not working correctly for my MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ890AS. It was a filter problem and this MS prog was worked easily and flawlessly. Thanks!
Sweet Skeeter - the solution has changed a bit and it takes a little looking from your link, but there it is. I didn't even have to go through the entire process of reading and writing. Thanks!!
real cool solution,was lucky to find your writeup about this,it has been of great help in just few minutes after having spent ours trying to solve this problem,thanks a lot
i would like to add that I cant even find upperfilters and lower filters in my registry editor.
i even tried "cdgone.reg", but in vain.