Reboot problems

Closed
brijeshpon Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 - Aug 6, 2008 at 05:36 AM
guygu6 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday April 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 - Aug 6, 2008 at 07:56 AM
Hello,
I recently tried to reeboot my pc(which i've had no problem with before now),i inserted the application&support disc, but an error message appeared saying something like-" the file RETTEN.EXE has been deleted or lost so windows cannot continue with this operation,please try to reeboot manually"...(i have no idea how to reeboot it manually)! I have tried other ways but nothing is working,just more weird error messages appearing. Can anyone identify with this problem,and if so can you possibly help me resolve it? Thankyou.

1 response

guygu6 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday April 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 13
Aug 6, 2008 at 07:56 AM
hi there,

the file should be in a non-DOS /non-NTFS recovery partition which only becomes available when booting from the recovey disk.

youre booting from that disk to run recovery, but the file is missing. Note that by "reboot" you means "reovery".

Hence the need for a reformat/reinstall with a windows CD as the recovery image is trashed (probably along with the windows partition). the hard drive has probably failed, but that isn't certain till you try to reinstall.

see you