My computer doesn't work

Closed
Sunny - Oct 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 29, 2009 at 01:16 PM
Hello, I am having a problem with my computer. I was trying to install windows xp professional on my windows xp home edition. ( I borrowed my friends CD) After I brought the xp Prof. CD home, I inserted it in my cd rom drive. And then...it started to install xp prof. on my xp home. It was doing all great for about half an hour, and then all of a sudden...a blue screen came and it said " Windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer.....and so on..." I turned my computer off. and tried to do it again, and it came again. I turned it off, and restarted it..and then it said please insert the windows xp professional CD. When I inserted that...it did the same thing again. It's not fully installed...(xp prof.) Now whenever I start my computer, it says " setup is restarting....." and then it goes to a blank light blue screen...and then an error comes. And it restarts my computer automatically....and it KEEPS doing this again and again when I restart my computer. I cannot get to me desktop? Any help on how I can get my computer back?? to normal?? Thanks to all who help! Please do.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 29, 2009 at 01:16 PM
It was not legal to copy your friends Windows XP Pro. Your installation would have failed when it attempted to verify and register the copy.

Download a copy of Killdisk on another computer and use it to erase your hard drive.

Then use your copy of Windows XP Home to reinstall Windows.

Good Luck