Ink cartridges for lexmark x1185 HEEEEEELP!

Closed
ANGRY - Nov 4, 2009 at 01:16 AM
true_blue Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2009 - Nov 30, 2009 at 05:14 PM
Hello,
INSTALLED NEW CARTRIDGES,INK LEVELS WENT TO FULL,TRIED TO PRINT GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE PRINTER ERROR,PUT THE OLD CARTRIDGES BACK IN,LEVELS STILL SHOWED FULL BUT WILL PRINT,NEW CARTRIDGES ARE COMPATIBLE.HOW DO I FIX THIS BESIDES BASHING WITH A HAMMER?

2 responses

MY BAD PUT IT ON HERE TWICE
true_blue Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2009
Nov 30, 2009 at 05:14 PM
Hey Angry,
I feel your anger all the way over here.
Maybe this will do it.

1. disconnect printer data cable and power down printer. if this a wireless printer just power it down.
I assume you are using windows OS for the next steps. I also assume that you have the installation software disk for the lexmark or that the windows OS use its own driver software and you might not need the disk.

2. Go into control panel and into the printers section and delete the lexmark printer.

3. This step is a little more involved. Delete any folders/files with lexmark name on them on your hard drive. Don't worry abut completing this step if you are not sure what to delete.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Reconnect the lexmark printer using the data cable and power it up. If wireless networked just power it up.

6. Watch carefully for activity by windows recognizing and self-installing the printer. Go to control panel and look in printer section to see if the lexmark is there. If it is, try printing the windows test page. If it prints then you're done.

7. If printer is not listed in printers section then go through the steps to add it and use install disk if required.
Usually windows will keep a copy of the drivers in a system folder even though you deleted the printer in control panel. Try printing a windows test page. If it prints you're done.

8. Look in lexmark's user's guide (printed or on a disk or on the lexmark web site) to see which control buttons to push to make the printer print out its own test page. If that works then a question about the data cable, the printer itself, or the driver software installed on your computer is suspicious and requires more troubleshooting. You might try the troubleshooting steps provided by windows help feature.