Dell 968 AIO Printer driver wont installl

Closed
jj - Nov 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM
 GamesOgre.net - Dec 1, 2009 at 07:41 PM
Hello,
I just got a new laptop running windows 7 64 bit. I have a Dell 968 AIO printer that I use with two other desktops wirelessly with no issues. So I want to use this printer w/new laptop. I've downloaded the latest Dell software for this printer specified to work w/Windows 7 64 bit. But the laptop won't communicate with printer, it also show window stating usb device not recognized. Under control panel I can see the printer listed and it's fax function listed but under device it shows device not recognized. any answers?
Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Nov 2, 2009 at 02:15 AM
hi there,

install the driver in compatibility mode

right click on exe file go to compatibility tab

and select xp or vista

double click and install driver

Thanks
Hi closeup22,
I downloaded the software onto the desktop from there I right clicked and selected campatible mode, I attempted the intall still no communication. All I get is the test page, I do get to print something out of the program file but once I restart laptop, no communication.
I did find a firmware update for the printer should I do that first before trying again.
Also for firmware updates do I use the USB cable or can I do it wirelessly?
GamesOgre.net
Dec 1, 2009 at 07:41 PM
I had this issue. It turns out the problem was that I was using a USB hub. I uninstalled the printer, plugged the printer directly into the computer, and reinstalled. It's now working fine with Windows 7 32-bit. Best of luck!