Computer won't power on, but both fans are on

Closed
Joe Cool - Nov 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM
 Joe Cool - Nov 16, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have an issue with our desktop computer. Our 1 year old son was messing with the keyboard, then when we tried to get on it it wouldn't work. At first the power light was on, but the monitor said no signal, and the fans were running. Now the power light won't come on, but the fans keep running. Even when I unplug it and plug it back in the fans just automatically start without pushing the power button. Pushing the power button does nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe
Related:

3 responses

kamli4u Posts 46 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 20
Nov 15, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Dear

pls open the cabinet & reinsert the RAM and reinsert the power supply power socket into motherboard

it should work
Nope, still won't work.
kamli4u Posts 46 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 20
Nov 15, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Dear

pls press the NUM lock on your keyboard if num lock light on & of it means your system running then reinsert the monitor data cable carefully.
tell me it work or not
No, the keyboard doesn't work at all and no lights are on.
Nov 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Dear

please check that your monitor led blinking or not. remove the data cable and check that monitor led color is red or not.

check the CMOS battery
Yeah, the monitor is getting power and connected. I will try a new battery tomorrow, but I doubt that's what's wrong. It was odd that my 1 year old son was messing with the keyboard, then we tried to use it, and it shut off. Then we tried to power it back on and it kept shutting off. Then I got it to power on, but the monitor said "no signal", and the keyboard didn't light up. Also the light on the power button doesn't come on now, the power button doesn't do anything, and the fans keep running. Even when I unplug the power cord and plug it back in the fans just automatically start without even touching the power button. Weird. Thanks for your help though.