I have Samsung Wifi 5233 phone. When I go to Wifi enabled areas like Barista, my office, etc. The phone detects the available Wifi networks, but when I try connecting to any of them it says disconnected. Is there any setting that I need to configure to connect to free wifi connections available?
Thanks and Regards.
I got an answer to the whole issue. Its very simple. When you are in a free (open/unprotected) wifi zone, all u have to do is Create a Browsing profile and then connect to the Wi-Fi connection using the same profile, follow this:
1. Go to Menu.
2. Select Browser.
3. It will prompt you to create a new connection. Select Create.
4. In the next section leave Set Name as it is (or you can change it if you like)
5. In Bearer type drop down box Select Wifi.
6. In the next prompt select Search Wi-Fi Manually.
Wi-Fi will turn on and search for a Wi-Fi network in the region automatically.
7. Select the Wi-Fi network you want and It will save its name.
8. Leave the rest of the things as it is, no need to change any more settings.
9. Just select Save Button, It will directly take you to Browser profile page with the newly created profile listed(Default Name: Connection 01). Select the Radio Button in front of it.
10. Now come out to the main menu.
11. Now go to the Wi-Fi Tab, as it is already on it will show you the Wi-Fi networks in the region, if its not, turn it on and search again.
12. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to use and, select Connect.
13. Depending on the signal strength it will try connecting.
14. Once connected it will give you a message saying connected, you might need to attempt it a couple of times.
15. Once connected exit out and go to any shortcut on your phone or select Enter URL and type in the name of the Site you want to browse to.
16. There you go, you can start browsing to all your favorite Sites now.
NOTE: These steps only work for Free/Open to Air Wi-Fi connections, like in Coffee Shops, Hotels, Malls, Airports etc.
Could you pls clarify what settings do I have to configure because, when I am accessing an open Wi-fi conection available to all at places like coffee shops, malls etc, they do not give network settings there and I wouldnt know who their network provider is to get the settings from them.
I thought I would connect to free wifi connections as long as I am in their signal range.
i have the samsung star wifi and I had the authentication error problem in home but when I configure the IPs manually it worked fine
the question is how i'll connect in a free wifi zone which I don't know the configurations? :S
i hope someone has a solution or maybe samsung fix this in the next update
i am also facing the same problem with my ssamsung mobile.....
atlast today I had found a solution to tht and its working nowww.....
the only thing I have done here is 1.go the properties of your default netconnection in MY NETWORK PLACES
2.then go to the ADVANCED tab
3.next tick the -"allow the other network users to connect through my computer"
3.then aotomatically one "setting" tab will be popped up
4.then click on it and you will get a window containing "SERVICES"
then tick the "DNS " option present over there.......
thats it .......
now try to connect your mobile with the wifi and surely it starts working.....
i just bought mine 3 days ago and I almost cracked my head trying almost every solution out there.. basically the only thing that worked for me is I have to reset my phone every single time and turn on my wifi and search for the connection then connect.. when I need to connect to a new wifi-- restart phone.. blah!
hi.. im facing the same problem and some of my friends who buy this samsung mobile. but this kind of mobile is not friendly user, because its configuration on wifi is very complicated..is there any solution that samsung can do regarding this problem because its a waste of money for those who buy this mobiles but cannot enjoy the features of wifi connection...