My internt conects but..

Closed
charlotte sellers - Dec 17, 2009 at 11:44 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Dec 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Hello,
well my internet connects but i have to sit right next to the wireless box and if i move somewhere besides next to it the internet wont connect , my also has a loaptop but she can connect where she likes.
is there anything i can do?.
please help

thankyou

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 18, 2009 at 10:04 AM
hi there,

you have a hard ware problem my friend

you can add a usb wireless adapter to it and use

the antenna is found on the side panels of your laptop screen on both

right and left side ,it may be that opening and closing the lid has damaged the wires for antenna reception

Thanks
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Dec 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Some tips here, hope can help you:

- Go to laptop manufacturer website, get the latest wireless adapter driver of your laptop if possible and update wireless adapter driver, maybe will help. Hopefully it's not hardware problem.

- You should reposition wireless router at a clearer area and minimize the blocking from thick wall and other obstacles. If not, reposition your laptop.

- Don’t place your wireless device near to cordless phones, microwave ovens, bluetooth cell phone and other devices that using 2.4 GHz radio frequency if possible. This is because it will create interference and affect the wireless signal strength.

If need more info, check out this wireless network speed article.