Deleted regetit files

Closed
rakel - Jan 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Hello,
I have mistakenly deleted too many files from regetit and now the keyboard and touchpad are not working!. This is a response i got from an expert but as i said the keys and touchpad are not working so i cant click or scroll...even an external mouse doesnt work!!!
Make sure you are connected to the internet so that the computer will have access to windows update if it needs it. Go to the control panel > device manager (windows xp has the device manager in system) scroll down to both the keyboard and mouse (pointing devices) and highlight the devices. Now right click on them and choose uninstall. Once both devices are uninstalled, reboot. When windows reboots, it will re-install both devices and search windows for the files if it needs them. Try the touchpad and keyboard \r\n

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Dear Rakel,

The registry files are essential files and you should not have deleted them. Still I would advise you to simply carry out a system restore in order to get them back. You should get to Start> All Programs> Accessories>
System Tools and select System Restore. Please restore the system to the the date before you deleted the
files and hence get the problem solved. Note that you might lose some of your database and therefore you
should have your database backed up.

Thank you.