Installing xp and removing ubuntu

Closed
Spazza - Jan 18, 2010 at 04:03 PM
 zaiper - Jul 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to get rid of ubuntu and install xp off the cd.

The cd has worked fine on other computers, ihave changed the boot setup to the cd/dvd drive by pressing the del key when the comp isstarted so the keyboard is not a problem.

However, when the screen says "press any key to continue" nothing seems to work and the system jus loads from the hard drive and starts ubuntu!!!

HELP PLEEEASE
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jan 18, 2010 at 06:41 PM
Windows XP can't understand the disk formatting left by Linux. The easiest was around this is to download the free version of "Killdisk" and use it to clean of the disk partitions. Then you should be able to install Windows.

Good Luck
Hey i downloaded killdisk but i cant run it on ubuntu (i can hardly run any programs on ubuntu). it comes up with an error msg i think from 'archive manager' :S waaa

Is there some way to run it onubuntu or is there another program similar to it that i can run?
thankyou
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Feb 1, 2010 at 03:28 PM
You want to burn a CD with the killdisk program so you can then boot from the CD to clean off the disk. You can also delete the Linux partitions from a bootable Linux CD. You can Google to find the commands.

Good Luck
debes formatear el disco duro, dejalo limpio y podras instalar windows en disco como nuevo. http://www.actiweb.es/catrachoenlinea/