Microsoft Access download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Microsoft Access is one of the Microsoft Office suite programs and provides high-standard data processing tools to help you handle, manage, and process all your data. Regardless of the size of your project, Microsoft Access can take it.
What is Microsoft Access?
One of the least-known tools in the Office suite, yet one of the most powerful regarding data processing. Microsoft Access is a database management system created by Microsoft that allows people to manipulate relational databases using a graphical interface. It stands between Excel and databases like SQL as it features more in-depth data manipulation tools and automation and provides a more database-friendly environment. If you have to deal with lots of data, publish them online, or store data conveniently for future reference, reporting, and analysis, then Microsoft Access is the right tool you need.
What are the key features of Microsoft Access?
- Create apps: With Microsoft Access, you don't have to be a developer to create functional business apps. Instead, you can use templates and create applications from scratch.
- Compatible: You can easily convert or import data from other sources such as Microsoft Excel files, convert and modify them to fits your data model needs, and keep developing your solutions. On the other hand, you can also export your data from Access to many different formats.
- Organize data: More powerful and database-compatible than Excel, you will manage your data in tables like in ordinary database programming languages such as SQL. You will be able to handle tons of data, create a data processing pipeline, and more. For example, you can create tables for your clients (identifier, name, first name, etc.) and commands (client identifier, data, price, etc.), and set up their relations (each command can only be assigned to a single client, each client is unique, commands cannot be assigned to a non-existing client, etc.).
- Manage data: You will be able to manage data exported from any website or database easily, put them in tables, and insert, modify, or remove records. You can also combine data across tables, add conditional outputs, and generate reports. And if you want, once you made a design change to your database, you can download, modify, and publish it on the web. Simple and powerful.
- Reports: Reports can be viewed as a database object that allows you to present information that fits your needs when it comes to focusing on specific pieces of data. It can be beneficial to display a data summary, provide details about some records, archive snapshots of the data, and more.
- VBA: Like Excel, Microsoft Access is about automation, data processing, and formulas. You can also create your processing routines using the Visual Basic editor and create a more complex and specific data processing pipeline. There is no limit to what you can achieve if you start programming in Access.
- Collaborate: You can share your Access desktop database in different ways depending on your organization and your needs, but you will always find a solution to boost your productivity and gather feedback by sharing it with your collaborators.
How to use Microsoft Access?
You can find valuable resources online.
- Once installed, open Access and go to File > New.
- Select Blank database, or select a template.
- Pick a name for your database and select Create.
- You are ready to build whatever you want.
Is Microsoft Access free?
What you will get here is a 1-month demo. Microsoft Access can be acquired either by purchasing an Office license or by subscribing to a Microsoft 365 plan:
- The Office license is sold as a one-time purchase, but you have to pay up-front and have no upgrade option, meaning you will have to pay at full price if you want to upgrade to a new major release.
- The Microsoft 365 plan includes all the up-to-date Microsoft Office software in a single seamless, integrated experience. It also offers extra online storage and advanced collaboration features. With Microsoft 365, you no longer have to worry about using the last version of your office software. Also, depending on your needs, Microsoft provides different plans for Microsoft 365, including Personal and family, Business, Enterprise, and Education. You can consult all the plans on Microsoft's official website.
Is Microsoft Access safe?
What is the difference between Excel and Access?
Even if you can use both solutions in many cases, each is more appropriate for specific circumstances. Microsoft Excel is a solution primarily designed to analyze data, perform complex calculations, explore outcomes, and easily visualize through charts. Microsoft Access is better for managing data and helps to keep everything organized, easy to search, and available to multiple users. Moreover, it can handle vast amounts of data and is tailored for database processing schemes.
Is Microsoft Access part of Office 365?
Microsoft Access is part of Microsoft 365 Family or Personal, Microsoft 365 Apps for Business, and Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscriptions.
Does Microsoft Access work on Mac?
Microsoft Access is not designed for macOS, but you can run it from a virtual machine.