Excel / after print +1

Solved/Closed
Dark1500 - Feb 2, 2010 at 12:54 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 2, 2010 at 07:33 AM
Hello,
My name is David (form Slovakia)!

I would like to ask you for help with the folowing situation to solve:
I need to prepear one document which will be used as some kind of dynamical odette label.
You can choose delivery note number, customer reference, autmoaticaly adds the description and so on...

THAT I HAVE DONE! So than, you can ask, where is the problem? Exactly the problem is that there should be also one unique serial number consisting of last two digits of current year, weekday, and weeknum ... to this moment everything is still ok but to this formula YYDDWW should be added also one aspect and it is the number of packaging of the day.

The problem is in the way how this "packaging of the day" - value should work. If somebody come to the computer and select some references, and set the informations to be printed... the "packaging of the day" - value wont change ... only after print.

Lets imagine that we have a this "packaging of the day" - value of 3 digits for ex.: 001 ...
In the document thatn it looks like this: the mentioned YYDDWW+"packaging of the day" - value so finaly it would looks like this : YYDDWW+001.

When we print the document than then condition should make YYDDWW+002

So after every printing the "packaging of the day" - value will rise by one. Is it possible to do?
Sure every printing after closing document will require saving to keep this serial number unique for the next opening.

Thanks for read and help.
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 2, 2010 at 07:33 AM
I think you need some thing like this

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)

Application.EnableEvents = False

' Cancel your actual print request
Cancel = True

'HERE ADD THE CODE FOR PRINTING THRU MACRO

'HERE INCREASE THE PRINT COUNTER BY 1

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

of course when you close the sheet, make sure you save the workbook to store the changed value