Cant conncect

Closed
rafa - Feb 9, 2010 at 09:39 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 9, 2010 at 03:41 PM
hello everyone, im having a problem with getting my laptop connect to the internet through our home network, and im like 90% sure the problems with the laptop and not the network. when go to connect to the network it tells me that im connected with no problems and that everythings working the way its supposed to but when i go to open browser it thinks im offline, same with gaim, p2p networks and all other programs that connect to the internet. my desktop computer is also using the same connection and they do not have this problem, anyone know whats going on with my laptop?

2 responses

OliverKI2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2010
Feb 9, 2010 at 03:37 PM
It might pay to give some more details about "when go to connect to the network it tells me that im connected with no problems". e.g. I'm guessing that it is the network link that is connecting OK (e.g. associating with a wireless access point), but that you can't get an IP address (check with "ipconfig" on a Command Prompt, then try "ipconfig /renew") which stops apps from connecting.
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 9, 2010 at 03:41 PM
could it be that your browser is set up to be in offline more. Look under File on menu item that "work offline" is not set up