How do I retieve deleted files on my flashdr

Closed
Galademin#1 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - Feb 16, 2010 at 02:43 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 3, 2010 at 04:38 AM
Hello, my name Galademin
I let someone use my flash drive and they yanked it out! Without hitting safely remove and now all my files are Gone! It even wants me to format it.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 16, 2010 at 03:30 PM
you can try Recuva a free recovery program:

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download

Good Luck
Blocked Profile
Mar 3, 2010 at 04:38 AM
When files appear to have disappeared or somehow got deleted from a flashdrive or USB memory stick, you may be able to get the deleted files back if you take sensible procedures and precautions.

To help increase the chances of being able to get the files back you must not save any new files or data to it.

When files are deleted from a memory card the data itself isn’t normally deleted, just the file system pointers that says where the data for those files is located. The area where the deleted data was stored is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead.

If that happens, then it is too late to retrieve your deleted files so it is very, very important that new files or files aren’t saved to the memory card in the meantime.

To see if your deleted files can be recovered at all, try a the free trial version of a commercial product that will scan the memory card for deleted files and show you exactly what files can be recovered.

At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted files or if it’s too late already.

There is more advice on how to get deleted flashdrive files back here.