In this article, you will find out how to attach files on Gmail when using Android or iOS device, as well as Windows PC or Mac computer.
How to attach files on Gmail on your computer?
To send an email with attached files on Gmail, simply login to your Gmail account and follow these steps (which are the same both for Windows and MacOS users):
- Click on Compose in the left tab and write your email.
- Fill in the email address of the recipient and the subject.
- Finally, click on the little clip in the lower part of the message tab and select the files you'd like to attach.
- Wait until your files are uploaded and click on Send.
How to attach files on Gmail app via iPhone, iPad, or Android?
- On your mobile device, open the Gmail app.
- Tap on Compose and select Attach (little clip image).
- Choose the files you want to upload and tap on Send.
Why can't I attach Gmail files?
If you are unable to attach files to Gmail message and you're seeing error messages while uploading attachments, make sure you have Flash installed. Visit Adobe Flash Player to check for updates and download the latest version.
In addition, please make sure that Flash is not being blocked on your computer. If your computer's default browser is Internet Explorer, make sure that it's not in "offline mode."
If you're using Flash 10, try these troubleshooting steps (note that you may not need to do all of the things listed below to fix the problem):
- Switch your attachment settings from 'Advanced attachment features' to 'Basic attachment features' (click Settings and select the General tab to change this setting). Save your changes and try to upload your attachment again.
- Try another browser.
- Disable your proxy.
For more information related to Gmail attachments, look here at how to switch to basic attachment mode or here for how to send emails as attachments in Gmail.
- Gmail attachment settings
- Can't attach files in gmail
- Why can't i attach files in gmail
- Gmail server settings > Guide
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail > Guide
- Send large files via Thunderbird: maximum size, online cloud > Guide
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app > Guide
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments > Guide
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- How old is my Google account?
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- What Is Gmail Go?
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail