Colour

Solved/Closed
R - Mar 5, 2010 at 08:40 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Hello,
Hi and thanks for previous help.
Last one for a while (I hope)

I am using the below formulae you gave me and it is fine. However these results run into the hundreds and
are from automarked EMI sheets. The autoreader sometimes cannot read the sheet as the student may have not rubbed a correction out properly, put more than one answer or left it blank.

When this happens the autoreader produces either blanks or greater than (>) signs on the original sheet that the below formulae works from. I would like these incorrect inputs highlighted in a pale colour on sheet1L so I can find then easily and check why the machine couild not read the student answer and make a judgement on the origianl student form. I find it very dificuilt, currently, to spot these anomalies amongst the normal inputs.

Maybe we leave this formulae alone and sheet 1L requires it's own cell formula.

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1L!E$4), "", IF(Sheet1L!E6=Sheet1L!E$4,1,0))

please advise
Richard

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM
You can do this

1. Select the all the columns where Questions are listed

2. Go to Conditional Formatting ( I think before office 2007, it used be be under format, and 2007 it is on home ta. Use help to locate if confused)

3. Enter this formula
=AND(TRIM(A1)<> "", OR(TRIM(B1)="", trim(B1)="<", trim(B1)=">"))

4. Click on format button and choose the color

https://authentification.site/files/21269864/score.xls