Webcam doesn't send on MSN, allows video call

Solved/Closed
Gary - May 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM
 jynxy - Jul 10, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Hi,

I am using a logitech C200 cam on the newest version of msn. Cam installs fine, but when I go to chat to someone on msn it only allows video calls instead of sending the webcam.

It doesn't allow me to see other peoples cams either unless it is in a video call.

I just want to get it so it works normally, where you can chat to several different people using it.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Related:

8 responses

Its the windows live messenger thats causing it > was released on may 13th: 14.0.8117

I would think going back to an older version: 14.0.8089 WOULD fix it. however i havnt tried this myself yet. I will try this tomorrow:

https://filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/14.0.8089.726.0/

Or alternatively you could wait and hope microsoft pull their finger out and fix it.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 21, 2010 at 05:41 PM
Greetings Artur

Thank you for this valuable contribution. It is swell!
where can i find 14.0.8089 version !?
he gave a link there :) ^
|
i used that link and i still have the same problem
i've tried downloading the older msn (14.0.8089) many times, even after completely getting rid of the newer version.. it still has the same problem!
microsoft got rid of individual cams and only allow video calls now only way to get round it is download an older version
thats not true atall they didnt get rid of individual cams
14.0.8089 never fixed it for me?
Mine's been doing this. It's because microsoft have made their new version of msn only have videocall instead of just webcam. What you need to do is uninstall the msn you have then google older versions of msn. I got a slightly older version and it fixed my webcam problem.

Hope this helped. xxx

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thanks! I got the same problem, and I just couldn't figure out why!
But can anyone tell me where I can download a older version? (:
WHICH VERSION DID U GET BARTOK?
OR ANYONE WHO COULD HELP
THANX ALOT
STUART
or alternatively just use amsn :) google it
yeah .. 14.0.8089 would fix it