Used computer problem

Closed
a_mcb Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 - May 28, 2010 at 01:01 PM
 bourza - May 28, 2010 at 03:56 PM
Hello,

I received a computer from a company I worked at because they were upgrading. they told me that they wiped out the computer hard drive like 9 times. SO its completely clean.. nothing is on it. So when I turn the computer on it reads "disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter".
Of course I was given the hard drive but nothing else. Is there any hope on getting windows or well... anything for that matter installed on this system?
Its a great computer, just can't do anything with it right now.. .does anyone have any ideas..??? Thanks ahead of time for any comments!

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 28, 2010 at 01:50 PM
You would need to install an OS on it, usually that means windows unless you are thinking of linux
Tried installing an operating system yet? If its been wiped there will nothing for the computer to boot from.