My PC won't beep when startup

Closed
Penjo - May 31, 2010 at 02:17 AM
Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 - May 31, 2010 at 03:57 AM
Hi, I just build up my new computer. i7 processor, etreme motherboard, cosair 750wat power supply, cooler master computer case, 1GB Nividia video card, But when everything was put up together, I mean assembled to the motherboard, processor, powersupply together, the computer did not respond, it's starting on like you'll see everything turning, fans, processor fan, lights on the motherboard, but no beep when pressed power button, not showing on the monitor and I was wondering if i7 extreme pcs don't have a beep when starting up. If you confirm it does not have a beep, then I will think it's my monitor that does not work, and if it beeps when powered on, then I will think it's my motherboard that's not working properly. And what do you suggest I do please? Let me know if it must beep. Thank you very much in advance Sir...

Peter Njodzeka
Please reply to: penjoka@yahoo.com
Related:

1 response

Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 2
May 31, 2010 at 03:57 AM
Are you sure all of your computer parts is compatible with each other? Before you assemble a computer on your own (that's what we call "chop-chop") be sure that the parts and brand of every parts are compatible to avoid bar down of your computer. Before you suspect your monitor try it to another unit if it's working or not. Then about the beep...it shows us whether what was malfunctioning but beep signs also depends on the manufacturer of the bios. One thing is constant...1 beep means normal boot. Anyway...my suspect there is the cd rom or hard disk because you get trouble in booting but fans are working. Try to check it dude.