Messy Results

Closed
jameldj Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2008 - Feb 13, 2008 at 03:00 AM
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 29, 2008 at 01:17 PM
Hello,

Goal
I tried to put a network (Nwk) together between 2 PCs: (1) a laptop (hp Pavilion dv1000), w/ Windows xp Pro, SP2 pre-installed by Manufacturer and (2) a self made PC, with Windows xp Pro x64 Edition (2003). An easy operation that I have done before, which turns into a nightmare: not only the Nwk never worked but on my laptop, the following happens:

Result(s)
- Windows Explorer >> Search = blank (blue pane).
- Computer Management >> Services and Applications >> Services >> Extended blue (blank) Pane and Properties in the standard
pane doesn’t work for any selected item.
- Drag and Drop does not work in Desktop or between Folders
- Copy and Paste does not work either
- The Firewall gives the following message: “Windows Firewall settings cannot display because the associated service is not running.
Do you want to start … the (ICS) service”. Click on yes gives after a while: “Windows cannot start the ICS service”
- The Network Connection folder is empty
- Launching IE7 pops-up and disappears

In case I am not at the right place, where should i post this message?
This message being the first one, I thought I contact you first before sending you the HijackThis log file.

Thanks,
Jamel

1 response

crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 20
Feb 29, 2008 at 01:17 PM
Hello jameldj!!

Your problem is somewhat difficult and vagueness... I mean i am not a professional in IT...

At first, if i actually understand what is probably wrong, your question should have been in the network forum because all the matters started about your local connection, i hope am right!

Then, I think that it's the trend or something like that because i'm confused too about this... What i can say to help you is that you just have to change your network...Hope it is enough for you...

Babye