Problems with the Wave and Kies/Windows 7

Solved/Closed
Enzofielt Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2010 - Jun 10, 2010 at 09:28 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 11, 2010 at 06:03 AM
Hello,
I have a Samsung Wave with the new Bada os, the problem is that the driver for Kies isn't working with windows 7, everytime i start the program the driver must be installed again.
The second problem is that the program report failures with reading the adresbook and with some other functions.
Is there already a driver update for windows 7 in combination with Kies

Related:

3 responses

Hello everybody!
I've just solved a similar issue with Kies - it works fine under Windows 7 ONLY UNDER ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS! Just set "Launch with administrator rights" at Compatibility tab of the Kies shortcut properties, and everything is OK!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 11, 2010 at 06:03 AM
Hi Stormbringer

Great and thank you
i had this problem it drove me mad
Make sue your phone is switched off before you access kies switch it on and it loads simple
Enzofielt Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2010 1
Jun 10, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Well, the problem is that the program Kies isn't running correctly on a 64 bit windows.
Let's hope this program will be fixed soon
I am having exactly the same problem, but I am running win7 32-bit, so is 64-bit really the problem here...?
im having the same problem but on windows xp >.< well it connects but it never syncs so i cant actually do anyhting.. help please
driver recovery in kies,its works.
I am running Win7 ultimate 64bit, installed kies from CD that came with my Wave. Its running smoothly. I have even synched my contact, calendar with my outlook. Also backed up my photos etc.
Only problem I am facing is while launching Samsung Apps from Kies. Its says that i need to upgrade my app, when I say "Yes", it simply closes down the whole Kies application. :)
I have the same problem. I have Windows 7 Professional 32bit. I get a message about the driver not working properly as soon as I plug in the phone. Kies running or not. I have tried the driver recovery, and did a cold boot on both devices, still the same thing, I even uninstalled the usb driver in question and tried everything again, and still nothing. It does work on my HP laptop running vista 32bit, just as mass storage mode. No kies. Anyway, I hope there's a fix for this.