Computer Problems

Closed
Lin - Jun 10, 2010 at 03:04 PM
hazza 19 Posts 10 Registration date Thursday June 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2010 - Jun 10, 2010 at 03:07 PM
Hello,

I'm using a different computer at the moment, my computer is a HP Pavillion, 32 bit, Window Vista.

I kept my computer on and my computer went to sleep, when I tried to start it back up my monitor stayed blank.

So I turned off my computer and when I turned it back on, it beeped 3 times and the screen stayed blank. Everything was still on, it just wouldn't show the screen.

1 response

hazza 19 Posts 10 Registration date Thursday June 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2010
Jun 10, 2010 at 03:07 PM
hi,I'm going to walk you through booting Windows Vista using its last known good configuration. Since Windows Vista reverts to a previous version of the registry, you might lose data that was worked with since your last successful boot.

1. Make sure your computer is powered down.
2. Turn your computer on and immediately start pressing F8 on your keyboard repeatedly until you see a black screen with white writing that gives you a list of boot options.
3. Use the down arrow on your keyboard to select the Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) option.
4. Press Enter on your keyboard and cross your fingers.

Good Luck!